Are you looking for the best pulmonologist in Punjab? Do you know what conditions he can treat? What are the signs you need to consult the best Chest specialist in Ludhiana? Keep on reading the blog, to find more about the same.
Who is a pulmonologist?
A pulmonologist is someone who addresses the respiratory system problem from asthma to tuberculosis. He is a specialist to diagnoses and treats the problem linked to the respiratory problem. Consulting the pulmonologists will give you the treatment for the given respiratory issues like:
• Neoplastic, which means having to do with a tumor
It is possible that it can reach the cardiovascular system and it leads to conditions like pulmonary vascular disease. Initially, it affects the respiratory system but it is possible other organs are also affected. Our pulmonologist provides you the best care for your health issues.
What is meant by the term pulmonology?
As we have mentioned above the focus is put on diagnosing and treating the problem of the respiratory system. There are even other subspecialties like:
• Interstitial lung disease
The focus is put on lung disease and the problem leads to scarring and inflammation.
• Interventional pulmonology
The focus is put on treating lung problems, pleural diseases, airway disorders, and much more.
• Obstructive lung disease
It includes the airway obstruction or narrowing down
• Sleep disorder breathing issue
What are the various health issues treated by pulmonologists?
Some of the conditions treated by experienced and well-known pulmonologists are:
• Bronchiectasis is a medical problem when there is excess mucus and inflammation
• Bronchitis, which happens when you have inflamed lower airways
• Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a problem that blocks the airflow
• Emphysema is a condition that is characterized by the alveoli lung damage
• Interstitial lung diseases, which affect the space and tissue within the lung
• Occupational lung diseases occur with the inhalation of dust, harmful chemicals, or proteins.
• Obstructive sleep apnea, which causes your breathing to slow or stop entirely while you are asleep
What procedures are used by a pulmonologist?
Here is the list of procedures that a pulmonologist will use to diagnose your condition properly like:
• CT Scan
• Pulmonary Function Test
• Chest Fluoroscopy
• Chest tube to take out the fluid/air around the lungs
• Sleep study to check the lung disorder
• Pulse Oximetry test
• Chest Ultrasound
Depending on the results of the test, the doctor will strategize the treatment plan for you.
When do you need to consult the pulmonologist?
In case, you are noticing any unwanted or not-so-common symptoms daily, then you need to seek medical assistance. The doctor will check your condition carefully and accordingly tell you what next step should be taken. If you notice any of the given-below symptoms for a long time, then get medical help:
• Have difficulty breathing
• Have a persistent cough
• Regularly cough up blood or mucus
• Have unexplained weight loss
• Have trouble exercising due to breathing problems